New job HR Generalist in Manitoba
Company : StandardAero
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Manitoba
Human Resources opportunity with one of the largest independent aviation service businesses in the world. StandardAero provides comprehensive services to commercial, military, business aviation, helicopters, components and accessories, along with industrial operators. The company has over 6,600 employees working out of facilities strategically located in 55 primary locations across 6 continents.
Reporting directly to the Director, Human Resources, the successful candidate will assist with recruitment and employee relations for our CF34 Business Unit. CF34 is our largest BU within the Winnipeg site with approximately 400 employees and an aggressive growth strategy well into 2022.
The successful candidate will also be a member of the site HR Team focused on consistent policy application and employee engagement across the Winnipeg site comprised of 1,200 plus employees.
Additional Job Details
- Responsible for full-cycle recruitment including sourcing, screening, interviewing and negotiating job offers.
- Assists with new hire orientation and any other necessary on-boarding activities, including new hire follow-ups.
- Strives to ensure that there is strong communication of all employee programs in an effort to increase employee engagement and morale.
- Provides day-to-day employee relations and performance counseling. Assures fair and consistent administration of all human resources policies and practices.
- Resolves employee concerns by being responsive and timely.
- May be involved in investigating employee related issues and/or concerns.
- Works with assigned client groups to field basic questions concerning policies, procedures, benefits, payroll and processes.
- Assist with the interpretation and education on HR policies, and provides counseling on such policies as necessary with both leaders and employees.
- Supports site and corporate HR initiatives.
- Completes administrative tasks such as record keeping, file maintenance and HRIS entry.
- Comply with all existing government, labor and legal reporting requirements to minimize company exposure to lawsuits and manages sensitive and confidential information
- Maintains compliance with federal and provincial regulations concerning employment or any other HR related policies and procedures.
- Assist with the delivery of HR programs, processes and projects.
- Conduct exit interviews on all voluntary terminations. Facilitates all termination paperwork for voluntary and involuntary terms (including benefits info, final paycheck, etc.)
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in a field related to Human Resources or equivalent experience.
- 3-5 years’ experience in a Human Resources generalist role.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, oral and written communication skills.
- Experience collaborating with all levels of staff and management in a fast-paced environment.
- Thorough knowledge of employment laws and regulatory environments.
- Skilled at dealing with interpersonal conflicts.
- Experience with employee relations.
- Must demonstrate proficiency with common office tools such as MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
**Candidates must legally be able to work in Canada.
Reference ID: 128
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Bonus pay
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Discounted or free food
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Profit sharing
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- Work from home
- 8 hour shift