New job Housekeeper in Ontario
Company : Halton Region
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Ontario
Secondary School Graduation Diploma with relevant work experience is required. The ideal candidate has the ability to operate housekeeping equipment and a general knowledge and understanding of workplace safety. Good verbal and written communication skills, strong time management skills and the ability to work both in a team and independently are required. An understanding of the Residents’ Bill of Rights and Compliance Standards as set out by the Ministry of Health and Long Term Care is required. Related experience is an asset.
In support of the Region’s commitment to a healthy and safe workplace and community, the Region has a vaccination requirement for all employees.
The successful candidate will be made an offer of employment on the condition of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Fully vaccinated is defined as having received all of the required doses of a World Health Organization (WHO) approved vaccine and having received the final dose at least 14 days before your employment start date.
The candidate will be asked to provide the Region with proof of full vaccination, prior to their employment start date. Acceptable proof includes an Ontario Ministry of Health COVID-19 vaccine receipt which you can obtain through the Provincial portal https://covid19.ontariohealth.ca/, or other government-issued vaccine passport or certification.
The requirement to be fully vaccinated is subject to the Human Rights Code, if the candidate is unable to vaccinate for a reason protected by the Code. Where the successful candidate has not been fully vaccinated, a documented medical reason provided by a physician or registered nurse and time period for the medical reason may be accepted consistent with Halton’s COVID-19 Vaccination Policy.
- Cleans and/or disinfects all surfaces including fixtures, equipment and washroom facilities.
- Mops and polishes designated floor areas using various floor cleaning equipment.
- Vacuums and shampoos carpeted areas.
- Empties and cleans garbage cans throughout all areas of the facility.
- Cleans walls and windows as required.
- Stocks supplies as required.
- Responds in a timely fashion to priorities and/or emergencies as instructed by the Supervisor or Registered Staff.
- Provides meal time assistance.
- Attends and participates in meetings.
- Attends legislated training as required.
- Adheres to Policies and Procedures, Rules and Regulations and Ministry Standards as set forth by the Corporation/Division/Department.
- Functions as part of the Resident Home area team.
September 24, 2021
October 5, 2021
- We appreciate all applications however only those selected to advance in the selection process will be contacted. Candidates will be contacted by email and/or phone. Please check your email and voicemail regularly.
- We are committed to providing accommodation throughout the selection process. If you require accommodation please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
How to Apply?Click on Apply Now to submit your cover letter and resume for a specific posting.
NOTE: Applications that are not submitted online will not be considered. Personal information collected through the job application process will only be used for the purpose of determining qualifications for employment.