New job Home Support Worker in Yukon
Home Support Worker
Company : Yukon Government
Salary : $30.44 - $35.20 an hour
Location : Yukon
This competition for Auxiliary On-call positions.
Mission of Yukon Home Care Program is “The Yukon Home Care Program provides client-focused health services in the home, improving quality of life and supporting Yukoners to live independently.”
Under the direction of the Home Support Supervisors, this position provides home support services to individual clients of Yukon Home Care Program to promote optimum level of functioning in the skills/activities of daily living and quality of life of clients.
For more information about this position, please contact Beth Ritchie at email at [email protected]
For more information about this posting, please contact Ann Caron at (867) 332- or email at [email protected]
Please do not email resumes to email address above; resumes may only be accepted through E-Recruitment. Link to create your account to apply here
*Refer to here for more information about preparing your resume for a Yukon Government posting *
Please submit your resume clearly demonstrating how you meet the following qualifications. Please note selection for further consideration will be based solely on the information you provide in your resume.
- Home Support Worker and or Nursing Home Attendant Certificate
- Experience working in Home Care or community based setting
- Experience providing personal care, home management, and respite care in a community setting
Candidates who have education, training, and/or experience equivalent to the essential qualifications listed above will be equally considered.
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Suitability
Candidates should have and may be assessed on:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Passion for providing care for chronically ill or elderly clients
- Ability to respect confidentiality
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team
- Experience working with various cultural backgrounds
Conditions of Employment: TB Screening, Vulnerable Sector RCMP Security clearance, CPR level C, Food Safe, WHMIS 2015, and a valid Yukon class 5 driver’s licence are required prior to hire.
Job Requirements: Exposure to pets, exposure to second-hand smoke, shift work and weekends, heavy lifting and bending.