New job Heavy Equipment Technican in Alberta
Heavy Equipment Technican
Company : Canadian Natural
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Alberta
Heavy Equipment Technican- (2111511)
As the first line of support, Heavy Equipment Technicians are an integral member of Canadian Natural’s Mining team. You will directly support mine maintenance goals and objectives at our Albian Mine. In this role, you will collaborate with and work alongside field and shop maintenance crews to ensure that all heavy equipment is optimized and maintained. You will utilize your heavy-duty mechanical experience to focus on the maintenance requirements for designated heavy equipment including Haul Trucks, Dozers, Graders, Loaders, Excavators and other support equipment.
- Inspect, troubleshoot, diagnose, repair and clean heavy equipment as assigned
- Utilize computerized and other testing equipment to determine repairs and create detailed service reports
- Make recommendations regarding repairs and methods for improvement
- Interpret and complete both scheduled and unscheduled work orders
- Contribute to the ongoing reliability of all heavy equipment and complete preventative maintenance requirements
- Test repaired equipment to verify proper maintenance
- Job location: Albian Oil Sands - Fort McMurray, Alberta
- Eligible for relocation pursuant to Canadian Natural’s Relocation Regular Policy
- Company sponsored Fly-In/Fly-Out from Calgary or Edmonton
- This is a safety sensitive position
- Shift schedule: 7 days on, 7 off, 7 nights on x 7 off – Wednesday start, 12-hour shifts
- Competitive salary, stock options, stock savings plan and benefits
Skills & Qualifications:
- 5+ years of working on mining equipment, specifically supporting off road heavy equipment
- Heavy Equipment Technician Journeyperson Certificate in Alberta and/or an Interprovincial Red Seal Certificate
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license
- Basic understanding of computer based Mine Maintenance Planning Programs and Microsoft Office suite
Why Canadian Natural?
CANADIAN NATURAL is a senior independent crude oil and natural gas exploration, development and production company based in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. Our strong, diversified asset base is comprised of a balanced portfolio of light, synthetic, and heavy crude oil and natural gas. Canadian Natural operates in Canada, the United Kingdom and Offshore Africa.
At Canadian Natural, we strive to live through our mission statement: "To develop people to work together to create value for the Company's shareholders by doing it right with fun and integrity." We are committed to a long-term presence in the communities where we operate. Our activities create value by providing employment, business development opportunities, revenues to governments that contribute to spending on goods and services, and essential resources for public services, including health, safety, education and training.
Over the last 30 years, we have grown from a Company with nine employees to over 10,000 employees. We have increased our production from approximately 400 BOE/d in 1989 to more than one million BOE/d today.
Safety is a core value at Canadian Natural. We conduct all of our operations in a way that identifies, minimizes and mitigates harm to the health and safety of employees, contractors, the public and the environment.
Canadian Natural Resources Limited – “Canadian Natural” - is a publicly traded company on the TSX and NYSE as CNQ.
Application deadline is October 8, 2021. Apply now!