New job Flight Service Coordinator in Newfoundland and Labrador
Flight Service Coordinator
Company : Irving Oil
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Newfoundland and Labrador
Who are we?
Founded in 1924, Irving Oil is a family-owned international refining and marketing company with a history of long-term partnerships and relationships. With operations throughout Eastern Canada, New England and Ireland we focus on delivering quality products and exceptional service to our customers and our communities. Every day, we strive to put our good energy in action to bring families together, support the environment and local wildlife, and to create learning opportunities that empower the next generation.
Here's what you can expect from us:
When you're a part of our team, you'll see how we bring good energy to all that we do. At Irving Oil, we strive for a work environment where each of us feels we belong, can bring our whole selves to work, and where we treat our fellow employees with kindness and respect. Together, we will support our corporate strategy, high standards and the communities where we live and work. Our collaborative approach, safety-first culture and commitment to building resilient teams helps reinforce our internal brand position where People Matter. That's why we're dedicated to investing in our employees’ potential, so that they can reach their career goals.
What you can expect in a typical day:
Irving Aviation's Fixed Base Operations (FBOs) serve all customer segments and aircrafts, as well as their crews and passengers with exceptional customer service and quick turnarounds. This role is responsible for providing fuel and services to commercial airline, corporate, and private aircraft in addition, this individual also attends to the needs of pilots, passengers and other customers. Our team is ready to deliver exceptional service to our clients 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Responsible to take the flight set up information for the purpose of scheduling incoming aircraft
- Attend to the needs of pilots, passengers and other customers prior to, during and following up on flights
- Coordinate all aircraft related services, such as hotel reservations, catering, fueling and power requirements, transportation of the crew, and general declarations for Customs
- Responsible for general office duties such as answering the telephone, inputting information, doing a daily deposit, etc
- Perform other duties as required to maintain and enhance office efficiency and service to our customers
- Ensure the FBO facility is always prepared for customers visits; special requests from customers are set up and light cleaning duties
- Maintains cash drawer and accurately tracks expenses and credit card by taking customer payments and balancing the drawer daily
- Perform other duties as required to maintain and enhance FBO efficiency for the customers and company
- Excellent oral and written communications in English
- Creative out of box thinker
- Must have excellent customer service skills with proven ability to multi-task in high pressure situations
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Maintain professionalism at all times
- Employee must be flexible and able to deal with varying work paces, from slow to hectic
- Able to make operational decisions and support team members
- Minimal travel required
Education and experience
- High School with College preferred
- Aviation industry experience considered an asset
- Must meet qualifications for Airport Red Pass, AVOP and have a valid Driver’s License
- Willing and able to work a flexible work week and adjust work schedules according to customer demand - facility operates 24/7
- Computer literacy is a requirement - experience with MS Word and Excel is preferred
- Willing to work in Airport FBO facility, indoors and outdoors
- Strong ability to analyze problems and develop solutions
Irving Oil supports a diverse and inclusive work environment and welcomes applications from all qualified applicants.
Job Type: Part-time
Work Location: Multiple Locations