New job Finance Clerk in Ontario
Company : William Osler Health Centre
Salary : $24.98 an hour
Location : Ontario
Job Posting Details
You want to make an impact.
You believe in the power of compassionate care.
You need to channel your intelligence towards helping others.
You are passionate about teamwork.
You have strength beyond measure.
This is your chance.
William Osler Health System invites you to answer the call to make a difference. Your community needs your skills, your compassion, and your energy.
With a focus on collaboration, access to leaders in their field as mentors, paid professional development opportunities, and a flexible, supportive environment, William Osler Health System is the place for healthcare professionals to achieve their career goals and find deep personal and professional fulfillment.
A hospital built for and by the community, we continue to expand our services and unit sizes to meet the needs of a growing population, creating opportunities for increased hands-on skills development, cross-department training, and promotion. With a leadership team led by our CEO, an ER physician who has been on the front-lines, driving our vision of patient-inspired health care without boundaries, everyone here is appreciated for their contribution in bringing our values to life, fostering innovation in assessments and treatments, and supporting the well-being of their patients and each other.
Who we are
William Osler Health System is committed to providing safe, equitable, high-quality care in an environment that inspires our staff to learn, innovate and grow. We believe that, together, we can create a stronger, more unified health care system for people across our region.
One of Canada's Best Diversity Employers for the ninth year in a row in 2021 for its exceptional workplace diversity and inclusiveness programs and one of Greater Toronto's Top Employers for the eighth time in 2019, William Osler provides a leading healthcare network to grow your career. A multi-site hospital system that serves 1.3 million residents of Brampton, Etobicoke, and surrounding communities within the Central West Local Health Integration Network, we offer employees incredible exposure and challenging hands-on opportunities to stay at the top of your game. Our patient-centric focus is demonstrated across our locations, all uniquely designed to support both the practical aspects of access to compassionate, cutting-edge health care, as well as the way patients and visitors feel.
How you will make an impact:
The Accounts Receivable Clerk is responsible for hospital billings, collections and related clerical support including OHIP, Insurance, government (WSIB, Federal Government), other Province Billing and other patient and sundry billings, Patient contact, as required, in a high volume, fast paced, computerized, dynamic large hospital environment.
- Perform all accounting functions related to Billing/adjustments & Collections for all types of hospital related revenues - Including OHIP, Insurance, WSIB, Federal Government, Other Province, Preferred Accommodation , Chronic/ALC, Ambulance billings, Devices, Telephone and other patient and sundry and patient billings on a timely basis
- Meeting departmental targets for assigned accounts – Collections, Payment Processing & Claims
- Direct contact with Patients for follow up and discussion of Hospital Charges
- Creating and processing of transaction batches in Meditech for charges, receipts, refunds and adjustments
- Reconcile daily cash receipts with daily system summary and prepare monthly spreadsheets
- Collection and system update of patient demographic and insurance information
- Work with patients and families in a compassionate manner to resolve billing issues and request payments for Hospital services
- Coverage of all other Finance clerk tasks as per operational requirements
- Assignment of additional projects/duties from time to time as required. E.g. claims, mails, invoice printing
- Closing/Running Month End reports
- Verify and prepare a monthly cheque requisition for all patient refunds
- Manages large transaction volumes while maintaining high attention to detail and accuracy
- Provides excellent customer service to vendors, volunteers and other internal and external stakeholders, using appropriate communication methods to respond in a timely, helpful and courteous manner
- Works closely with other team members to coordinate responsibilities and prioritize tasks, ensuring all key deadlines are met. Promotes knowledge sharing and continuous learning within the team
- Cross trains co-op students and/or team mates, and reviews their work to ensure accuracy
- Must be able to travel between and work at all hospital locations as required
- Completion of two (2) year post-secondary education in a related field, such as accounting. Diploma/Certificate.
- Intermediate math and accounting knowledge – Level l Financial and Cost Accounting completed
- Minimum two (2) years' experience with computerized accounts receivable, billing and collections role processes in a fast paced large organization required
- Experience in integrated billing systems, Meditech preferred
- Advanced working knowledge of Excel and other MS Office products, including Outlook required
- Proven success in handling high volume of calls with a sense of urgency
- Knowledge and understanding of legal policies, procedures, By-laws, regulations and legislation.
- Applies professional judgment and problem-solving skills to identify issues and deficiencies, resolve basic issues to patient's/client's satisfaction, and escalate appropriate matters to supervisor.
- Demonstrated excellent analytical skills, effective communication skills both written and oral as well as technical.
- Excellent attendance, punctuality and work record
- Excellent keyboarding skills required (alphanumeric) – 60wpm
- Proven ability to demonstrate Osler core values
- Enthusiastic, positive, solutions-focused with a 'can do' attitude, able to work independently and in a team
- Strong organizational skills, commitment to meeting deadlines, ability to prioritize, and attention to detail
- Must be able to accomplish tasks within strict deadlines
Minimum: $22.97 per hour
Maximum: $24.98 per hour
Your community thanks you for considering this role.
Joining William Osler now is a chance to immerse yourself in a culturally diverse, collaborative, and innovative environment. You will play a key role building out a healthcare program that addresses the needs of people from all over the world and all levels of income, experiencing minor and life threatening injuries and diseases. As a major hospital system, we are home to some of the biggest specialty and emergency departments in the country and you will broaden your expertise, increase your knowledge and your own adaptability, and gain endless opportunities for growth.
Come live our values - Respect, Excellence, Innovation, Service, Compassion and Collaboration - with us.
Osler values inclusivity and diversity in the workplace. We welcome and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds. We are committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. (AODA). If you require an accommodation at any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at [email protected].
While we thank all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Any information obtained during the course of recruitment will be used for employment recruitment purposes only, and not for any other purpose.