New job ENROLMENT REPRESENTATIVE (REPRESENTATIVE II) in Alberta
ENROLMENT REPRESENTATIVE (REPRESENTATIVE II)
Company : NORQUEST COLLEGE
Salary : $40,965 - $51,324 a year
Location : Alberta
Job Description: ENROLMENT REPRESENTATIVE (REPRESENTATIVE II)
OFFICE OF THE REGISTRAR, LEARNER EXPERIENCE
NorQuesters are difference makers and we’re searching for someone dedicated to making a difference to join our Office of the Registrar team as an Enrolment Representative. Are you known for your commitment to building and maintaining relationships? Are you patient, professional and committed to confidentiality? Do you have proven experience thinking analytically and managing a diverse and heavy workload? The successful candidate will thrive in showcasing our values of transforming lives in the NorQuest community.
Reporting to the Associate Registrar, Student Records, the Enrolment Representative ensures the accuracy of student records as they relate to registration. The Representative provides service to students by assisting in the use of online, self-service options. The Representative will contribute to an atmosphere of continuous improvement by identifying areas of concern, suggesting process improvements, and testing new approaches using data to support change.
How you’ll make a difference*
You will maintain accurate student records as they relate to credit and non-credit registration processes.
- You will be able to troubleshoot technical issues with online registration and related software (e.g. Visual Schedule Builder).
- You will provide exemplary customer service in responding to student inquiries related to registration, whether in-person, by phone or by email.
- You will identify and escalate systems issues and assist with maintaining data integrity.
- You will ensure student records are kept in accordance with college policies and FOIP.
- You will always be on the lookout for process improvement opportunities.
- You will use your exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to contribute to a positive team culture.
What you bring*
A post-secondary certificate in business or related area; a diploma is preferred.
- 1 year of experience working with student records is preferred, including:
- Knowledge of admissions and registration processes
- Use of a student information system (e.g. PeopleSoft)
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of products (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Excellent customer service skills.
What makes you a Difference Maker?*
- You have excellent communications and interpersonal skills.
- You have an ability to use critical thinking to find innovative solutions.
- You’re able to effectively manage a large volume of work with a positive attitude, a high degree of accuracy, and attention to detail.
- You’re dependable and compassionate, and ready to show up each day for your teammates and for students.
SALARY: $40,965.00 – $51,324.00. Reflective upon what you bring. AKA your education and experience. This is a 6 month term position* therefore there are no benefits or pension with this position.
NorQuest College offers flexible work options that include working on campus, working from anywhere or a blend of both!
COMPETITION NUMBER: 2021-3178
CLOSING DATE: October 5, 2021*
Apply to become a NorQuester: * If this opportunity delights you and your expertise will shine in this role, we invite you to apply for this position online by uploading your resume and cover letter combined as one document.
Psst: * Only candidates shortlisted for an interview will be contacted and we’ll make sure to do this within 28 days of the closing date.
Difference Makers._* If we were to describe what NorQuest College is, we’d say these two words. We are so fundamentally driven in our mission to make a difference to our students, our community, and to our fellow NorQuesters, that it guides what we do, who we meet, and where we are headed.
So how do we make differences?
- We empower NorQuesters. When it comes to working, it’s up to you to decide where (on campus or from another location) and how you work. NorQuesters are expected to embody our Qs—lead from where you are, be dependable, find ways forward—to name a few, but how you do that is your choice!
- We unlock potential. Whether its newcomers to Canada who want to improve their English, students who want to complete their academic upgrading, learners pursuing post-secondary education, or anyone who wishes to strengthen their skills through professional development, our passion to educate touches people of all levels and all backgrounds.
- We strengthen Alberta. From our graduates who hit the ground running, to our partnerships with government, industry, and business, to our commitment to communities, including a dedicated focus on Indigenous communities, we contribute to our province and make it stronger. We strive to be an employer of choice for First Nations, Metis and Inuit people in Canada by leading, supporting, and being an ally through our work toward decolonization, reconciliation, and Indigenization.
And that’s a snapshot of how we are Difference Makers. But there’s so much more to us and we invite you to explore further!
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: Multiple Locations