New job Director - Social Marketing and Communications in Yukon
Director - Social Marketing and Communications
Company : Yukon Government
Salary : $102,425 - $140,665 a year
Location : Yukon
Director Social Marketing and Communications
Health and Social Services
This competition is for a permanent full-time position.
Who We Are
Reporting to the Assistant Deputy Minister of Innovation, Quality and Performance in the department of Health and Social Services. The innovation, quality and performance division provides strategic leadership to the Department of Health and Social Services through strategic policy and planning, innovation, quality improvement, performance measurement, population and public health, client and stakeholder engagement, and large scale system transformation initiatives.
In this exciting and dynamic role you will lead and direct the communications branch to successfully provide the full range of communications management functions and services in order to advance departmental strategic direction, priorities and innovations. This role is a key member of the executive management team and provides advice, guidance and support to the Deputy Minister, Assistant Deputy Ministers, Directors and managers in social marketing campaigns across the health and wellness spectrum as well as identifying and assessing strategic communications needs on large scale initiatives.
To be successful in this role, you will be committed to a highly collaborative approach with a strong ability to lead a team to develop communication strategies, support change management and public relations in the fast paced and highly rewarding environment of health and social services.
Where We Live
The Yukon is a vibrant Territory filled with unique cultures, thriving arts and social scenes, and gorgeous landscapes that offer a variety of lifestyles for any individual. Visit Travel the Yukon to learn more about where we live, or Yukon.ca to learn more about why we are one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers!
If you have any questions about the application process, please contact Jaime Strachan at (867) 332-5768 or [email protected]
Please submit your resume clearly demonstrating how you meet the following qualifications. Please note selection for further consideration will be based solely on the information you provide in your resume.
- Degree in public policy, communications, public administration, marketing or related field;
- Experience providing strategic advice, options and recommendations to senior management
- Experience leading and managing a team of professionals; leading within a network or matrix management environment would be an asset.
- Considerable experience leading communication strategy development.
- Experience in a government setting would be an asset
Candidates who have education, training, and/or extensive experience equivalent to the essential qualifications listed above, may be equally considered.
Desired Knowledge, Skills, and Suitability
Candidates should have and may be assessed on:
- Ability to think strategically;
- Ability to effectively lead and manage human and financial resources;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including tact and diplomacy and the ability to form working relationships based on mutual trust and respect;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to supervise the drafting of clear policy and communications documents, and present information to a range of audiences;
- Understanding of political, social, and economic issues that affect communications
Candidates will be assessed using Yukon Government’s Core Competency Framework which includes the following competencies;
- Thinking Strategically
- Influencing Others
- Taking Action and Achieving Results
- Developing People
- Demonstrating Client Focus
- Modeling Interpersonal Skills and Personal Responsibility
- Promoting Common Values and Ethics
Job Requirements: Willingness to travel within the territory.