New job Director of Human Resources in Newfoundland and Labrador
Director of Human Resources
Company : Fonemed
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Newfoundland and Labrador
We are looking for a Director of Human Resources to join our innovative and growing team. This position is based in our St. John’s, NL office.
Who We Are
Founded in 1996, Fonemed seeks to make a positive difference in the healthcare of others through their daily interactions. With a mission “to provide excellence in Nurse Advice, Health Information and Telemedicine for the patients we serve”, Fonemed takes pride in its employees, customers, and industry partners, providing the highest level of quality and outstanding client experience. We pride ourselves on practicing a Culture of Care in everything we do.
Through virtual care, we meet and provide care for individuals where they are, in their homes, communities, or other locations where they live their lives. With almost 250 employees and over 400 clients throughout the United States and Canada, you share the company’s passion to defy the conventional boundaries of time and distance to get the right care to the right patient when and where it is needed the most.
Why Work With Us
We are a growing company who values our greatest resource - our people! We provide an energetic company culture and a welcoming team. We offer our team the opportunity to work in an exciting industry and a competitive compensation package, including health and dental benefits as well as life, LTD, critical illness insurance and more, a company matching RRSP, and a generous paid leave program.
The Director of Human Resources will be responsible for creating and implementing a strategic human resources framework and providing leadership, advice, and direction on all areas of human resources through overseeing a team of HR professionals in employee relations, talent acquisition, payroll, and pension and benefits.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
Reporting to the CEO, this key leadership position is responsible for the development and implementation of the HR operational plan, encompassing all critical facets of human resources, such as: staffing, employee engagement, learning and development, performance management, total rewards, organizational design and change management, employee relations, health and safety, internal staff communications, diversity and inclusion, and policy and process development.
- Thinking strategically and setting a vision for the HR department;
- Setting HR priorities for the organization and HR team;
- Developing strong relationships, working collaboratively, and establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with managers, supervisors, employees, and a variety of outside individuals and partners;
- Establishing priorities, setting goals and managing a variety of highly competing deadlines within tight time constraints;
- Establish/continuously improve and report on HR metrics;
- Monitor and interpret trends and metrics around employee satisfaction, engagement, turnover, diversity, etc;
- Provide direction, advice, guidance, and mentorship to a team of HR professionals;
- Advise on complex HR matters;
- Forecast staffing requirements for various staffing groups based on call volumes trends, history, and anticipated levels.
- Develop staff scheduling requirements for the staffing coordinators based on call volume forecasts and call center metrics;
- Develop and manage a multi-million dollar labour budget for Canadian and US divisions;
- Estimate staffing requirements and resource costs for new business and programs;
- Building capacity for operational growth;
- Ensuring HR team are meeting performance goals and operational targets;
- Leading HR change management
- Ensuring training and onboarding effectiveness;
- Developing talent attraction strategies;
- Developing employee engagement and retention strategies and programs;
- Ensuring diversity and inclusion throughout the organization;
- Compensation plan design, implementation, and evaluation;
- Continuous improvement of performance management framework
- Developing comprehensive solutions to business problems based on outstanding strategic and analytical problem solving;
- Anticipating trends and creating innovative and flexible plans and strategies;
- Preparing and delivering clear and concise communications to a wide range of people;
- Continually acting as a model of integrity.
- Participate in developing and implementing change management initiatives
WHAT YOU NEED
- Bachelor's Degree Required;
- MBA or other master’s degree would be considered an asset;
- A minimum of 10 years in human resources;
- A minimum of 5 years in a HR Management role;
- CPHR Designation is an asset;
- Experience in a healthcare organization would be preferred;
- Experience in a private (non-public) organization is also preferred;
- Clear Criminal Record Check.
WHO YOU ARE
- Experience developing and managing a large labour budget;
- Proven ability to forecast resource needs;
- Sound analytical skills;
- Proficiency using programs of the MS Office Suite, HRIS systems, and applicant tracking systems;
- Focus on achieving organizational effectiveness through people development. Is experienced with coaching and mentoring approaches.
- Understanding of issues involved in moving towards equity, diversity and inclusion. Adopts an enhanced sensitivity of cultural diversity. Champion for collaboration and inclusion;
- Ability to take informed risks and champions such risk taking throughout an organization;
- Effective leadership skills;
- Open, approachable, conscientious, and politically sensitive with the ability to lead people to achieve objectives. Leads by example;
- Team oriented. Able to work effectively with peers on the senior management team and all levels of management and staff;
- Encourages collaboration throughout the organization;
- Ability to build with vision and integrity;
- Demonstrated ability to recruit top calibre staff, delegate responsibility, develop, mentor and assess performance.
- Solution-focused, innovative, creative, focused on new ways of doing things rather than relying on the ways of the past;
- Critical thinking, keeping the long-term vision clearly in view;
- Excellent judgment. Has a broad view and good common sense;
- Empathic, open, participative management style with the ability to make tough decisions as they are required;
- Strategic but willing and able to be hands-on as needed and as appropriate;
- Ability to set priorities and manage many competing projects, issues and initiatives;
- Confidence, positivity, optimism, and resilience;
- Enjoys a healthy approach to the integration of life and work.
It’s an exciting time at Fonemed and you will have the opportunity to experience and impact the changing face of virtual healthcare in North America. If you want to join this engaged and growing team, please apply as soon as possible for this urgent and immediate opportunity!
FONEMED is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity and inclusion. We appreciate the interest of everyone who applies for the position, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please visit our website at www.fonemed.com.