New job Director, Business Development - Yukon and Northwest Territories in Yukon
Director, Business Development - Yukon and Northwest Territories
Company : Mitacs
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Yukon
Do you want to be part of our innovative and entrepreneurial team?
Do you thrive in an entrepreneurial environment and enjoy working in a team atmosphere? Are you an “outside the box” thinker who strives to implement continuous improvements? Do you take a strategic approach to your work? Do you enjoy a fast-paced culture where your opinions are valued and respected? Do you enjoy building partnerships to solve mutually beneficial challenges?
Mitacs is a national not-for-profit that helps industry and non-profit partners solve strategic challenges by leveraging Canada’s world-class post-secondary talent and a global network of industry, academic, and government partnerships. Through these collaborations, Mitacs helps business and community partners succeed, improves students’ on-the-job skills development, and strengthens Canada’s world-class innovation ecosystem. At Mitacs, we strive to develop the next generation of innovators with vital research and business skills. In partnership with domestic and international companies, governments and academia, we support a new economy using Canada’s most valuable resource – its people.
To get a better understanding of Mitacs and read more about our values please visit our website
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT DIRECTOR
Reporting to the Business Development Team Lead and working closely with the Mitacs scientific staff, this position will be strategically placed to support all Mitacs programs, and with emphasis on the Mitacs Accelerate program.
The successful candidate should be a self-motivated field-oriented independent professional with solid business development skills, business experience, and a strong scientific background. They will be confident and proficient in dealing with key stakeholders from government, industry, and academia, and will possess a commitment to facilitating the development of multi-disciplinary research collaborations with diverse partners.
By interacting with companies ranging from Small and Medium Enterprises (SME) to Fortune 500 companies the candidate will provide guidance to their research plans or make recommendations on contributions to research projects, with an aim to improving the company’s productivity, profitability, and growth through adoption of Mitacs programs. The candidate will also interact with college and university researchers to understand their research interests, help connect them with companies seeking college and university research expertise, and assist with the preparation of proposals seeking Mitacs support.
- Find internship opportunities for students/professors by connecting college and university researchers with industry on research projects
- Assist with the application process
- Introduce companies to collaborations with academia for advanced research
- Create and maintain a network of partners in the private and public sectors
- Manage relationships with key stakeholders including college and university researchers, technology transfer representatives, industry organizations, and industry partners
- Collaborate with Mitacs staff to organize scientific events including aspects related to networking with clients, scientific planning, logistics, and funding
- Formulate new partnerships for Mitacs
- Provide business development support to all Mitacs programs
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- College or Graduate degree, and research experience
- Demonstrated ability and aptitude for developing relationships with industry, government and the academic sectors
- Strong networking skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Enthusiastic and high-energy self-starter
- Team player
- Ability to think creatively and innovate
To fulfill the duties of this position, the successful candidate may be required to meet the vaccine requirement of local, provincial, and/or partner organizations (where applicable), subject to any accommodations required under the applicable human rights legislation.
At Mitacs we believe a diverse workforce comprised of individuals with different ideas, strengths, interests, and backgrounds which is crucial to our success.
We encourage candidates to connect with us and share ways how we may accommodate your needs during the recruitment process.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary, Contract
Work Location: Multiple Locations