New job Commercial Specialist, BC in British Columbia
Commercial Specialist, BC
Company : Pure Sunfarms Corporation
Salary : Details not provided
Location : British Columbia
Driven by a love of plants, Pure Sunfarms is one of Canada’s largest, single-site, licensed producers of high-quality, greenhouse-grown cannabis based in BC’s Fraser Valley (Delta). We are proud to bring together individuals from a wide breadth of industries, backgrounds, and experiences, and promote a culture of belonging where everyone can truly be themselves – in every form of expression that is natural to them. This is our priority and guiding light at Pure Sunfarms, driving our uncompromising approach to quality and success within the Canadian recreational cannabis market. We believe our differences are our strengths, letting us look at cannabis in a whole new light.
The Commercial Specialist is responsible for driving sales by building relationships with private retailers and national chains within the industry. A successful candidate will provide stellar service and establish an authentic connection with budtenders, influencers and store owners. In this role, you will work with customers in British Columbia, representing Pure Sunfarms brand, as well as develop and execute marketing initiatives and drive sales. This position is located in the Lower Mainland and will be responsible for the Vancouver territory.
- Relationship Building:
- Owns and nurtures relationships with each account in the assigned territory creating strong partnerships (Customer base includes a mix of Multi-Store Private Retailers and National Chains).
- Build community through service and authentic connection with the ownership, management, budtenders, influencers.
- Education and Trade Marketing:
- Represent the brand during store visits, at launches, trade fairs and events. Present and communicate PSF brand ethos, PSF culture (mission, vision, goals).
- Present educational platform - train groups of budtenders and distributors about our products, growing methods, quality standards, ensuring they are well educated and trained about the Pure Sunfarms brand and product portfolio.
- Develop and execute Marketing Initiatives including in-store and off-site activations.
- Traditional Sales + Business Development:
- Conduct strategic business reviews: Develop and execute strategic customer plans for accounts.
- Proactively identify customer needs and business opportunities, develop and execute creative selling solutions to grow sales and consumer awareness of the brand.
- Develop, implement, and maintain in-store sales essentials to capture customer mind-share: Distribution, Shelving/ Primary Placement, Pricing initiatives, Display POS, Promotions, Product Quality Standards – ensures these are executed flawlessly.
- Monitors market performance and ensure all accounts are delivering optimal customer service, education and sales to ensure Pure Sunfarms standards are executed
- Gather and communicate market intelligence and feedback from account partners to Commercial Director. Shares and understands the competition. Pays attention to industry trends and creates plans accordingly
- Leverage customer insights to develop a competitive advantage with retailers
- Proactively manage pricing consistency in dispensaries to ensure we remain competitive, in-line with our pricing strategy feedback to the internal team to ensure we evolve as necessary
- Competitive Analysis and track what other LPs are doing in the market
- We work in a fast pace environment, rolling up our sleeves to build something bigger than ourselves. Other duties may arise from time to time/most of the time and as a team, we look to support each other.
Your Brand, Your Story
- Minimum 5+ experience in retail / B2B sales / Wholesale / Trade Marketing / customer service
- Demonstrated knowledge of sales best practices, joint business planning and account management
- Excellent communicator and trainer
- Interest, knowledge and passion for Cannabis an asset
- Excellent interpersonal skills: Influencing & Networking. Ability to establish and develop mutually beneficial and trusting business relationships
- A self-starter who is driven to succeed and exceed goals. Proven track record in delivering growth objectives and critical KPI’s
- Passion for learning, sharing, and continuously developing
- Creative thinker focused on providing innovative solutions
- Must have a driver's license and willingness/ability to travel within a geographic region extensively (subject to Covid-19 local regulations and rules).
- Must have the ability to obtain and pass an RCMP Criminal Record Check and maintain security clearance.
At Pure Sunfarms, we are growing our team with the same care we devote to growing our plants. We’re proud of the diverse and inclusive culture that we’ve built and are excited to learn more about your experiences and how you can contribute to Pure Sunfarms and the cannabis industry.