New job C# .NET Developer (Fixed Income) in Quebec
C# .NET Developer (Fixed Income)
Company : Société Générale
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Quebec
If you're into the following challenges: digital, energy transition, diversity/inclusion and you would like to get involved in building the future, you’ve come to the right place. We are looking for team players, invested people who are able to bring ideas and express their opinions.
Did you know? Societe Generale remains open as an essential service during Covid-19! We have adopted a gradual process of reopening our offices, placing flexibility and health of our employees at the top of our priorities.
What are you applying for?
This is a central and dynamic position as you will develop our strategic trading tool for trade capture and regulatory reporting across Fixed Income. Our main partners and clients are Traders, Sales, Trade support and Operation teams.
About our team:
The Post Trade Fixed Income team develops and support software in an AGILE environment for trade booking, position management, settlement management and straight through processing of electronic trades. Our software interacts with various upstream and downstream systems.
What will be your day-to-day?
- Build applications for various front office businesses
- Define the architecture for new developments
- Ensure all data and flows between other trading and settlement applications are maintained
- Manage multiple initiatives from start to end, including:
- Collaborating with users and business analysts to understand user needs and translate requirements into systems
- Reviewing and designing the architecture for the new systems
- Estimating effort and ensuring timely delivery
- Ensuring agile and continuous delivery methodology is followed
- Being responsible for the 2nd and 3rd level of support
- Assisting the support team in the rollout of releases
- Collaborate with other teams (networking, systems, quality insurance, support, architects, others development teams)
What does it take to get the job?
- You have at least 3 years of experience as a developer in an investment banking/financial environment
- You are an efficient communicator (good written & verbal communication skills)
- You have some knowledge of financial products (ie. Fixed Income) or financial industry business
- Your education: BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Your technical skills:
- Experience in object-oriented programming
- Experience with .Net C#
- Experience in multithreaded application development
- Experience with development and deployment of RESTful services
- Knowledge of programming design patterns including MVVM
- Good understanding of Agile development practices
- Experience with source control tools (ie. Git)
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salary and vacation package
- Great coverage and Social benefits including
- 2000$ health spending account to get massages or pay other services not covered by our insurance
- 1000$/year Personal Spending account… it even works to pay animal day care!
- Maternity, paternity and adoption leave for all
- An opportunity to express yourself and get involved:
Our employees resource groups and committee such as Pride and Allies, American Women Network, Black Leadership Network, One planet demonstrate the involvement of our employees for their community.
- And… a great training offer plus opportunities to evolve within the company with international mobility opportunities.
Why join us
A career within the Societe Generale Group is an opportunity to participate in a team effort to build the bank of tomorrow.
Together, let's be the future:
- Commitment to putting integrity at the heart of our businesses
- Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
- Climate commitment
- Citizen engagement
You're not convinced yet? Meet our employees.
Are you interested in knowing more? Click here to find out.
Come on join the IT infrastructures teams in a digital transformation journey.
Societe Generale opened its Canadian headquarters in Montreal in 1974 to offer its financial services to corporations, financial institutions and governments. The Toronto and Calgary offices were opened in 1978 and 2006 respectively.
We now employ over four hundred people, both in the traditional banking sector (investment banking, funds and trading activities) and in the field of information technology, with the opening of our SG Montreal Solutions Centre subsidiary which, thanks to its geographical location and its cultural diversity, provides computer support and development for the New York and Paris teams.