New job Business Improvement Specialist – in Manitoba
Business Improvement Specialist –
Company : Paterson Grain
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Manitoba
Business Improvement Specialist – Winnipeg, MB
We are currently seeking a highly resourceful, detail-oriented professional to fill the role of Business Improvement Specialist at our Head Office in Winnipeg, MB, reporting to the CFO. As a key component in the company’s continued growth and success, the Business Improvement Specialist will lead the planning, direction & coordination of business operations and provide justification for alternate methods to improve results. This individual would conduct cycle time analysis to verify current production rates and target potential improvements. This person would also work with the production teams to improve the working environment & product throughput which will result in waste elimination and improve manufacturing processes. This role is best suited for a leader that is strategic, highly adaptable, innovative and committed to organizational growth.
- Create strategic business plans for continuous improvement in all functional areas;
- Optimize existing processes and activities within the organization (reduce manufacturing lead times, improve inventory turns etc.);
- Liaise with the Company accounting department to assist in the development of cost cutting strategies;
- Collect, analyze and process data to identify and organize best practices throughout the organization;
- Provide leadership, schedule meetings, gain support from heads of all functional areas;
- Present ideas/plans for continuous improvement, providing data and/or metrics to support initiatives;
- Manage and communicate capital projects that will establish continuous improvement;
- Promote and facilitate workflow analysis and set out the standards for the employees in order to achieve the target goals; perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 5 years' experience in a similar role;
- Degree in Business or Engineering strongly preferred;
- Experience in the Agriculture, Milling, or Transportation Industry is considered an asset;
- The ability to produce succinct reports/presentations to communicate status of assigned projects;
- Quality Control background including problem solving and root cause analysis is preferred;
- Exceptional organizational abilities with task prioritization, multi-tasking, use of timelines and time management techniques; High level of personal integrity and strong work ethic;
- Strong verbal, written communication skills; conviction to support improvement in the company;
- Mathematically proficient with experience using software for analysis and modelling;
- Professional/mature demeanor under stressful situations; ability to work independently/self-directed.
- Some travel, overtime and weekend work may be required;
- Ability to attend and conduct presentations; Ability to physically implement designs;
- May be exposed to hazards associated with manufacturing and be required to use PPE.
To be considered, please apply directly to our website: www.patersongrain.com/careers/
Paterson GlobalFoods (PGF) is a private, family owned, agri-food business with a long standing history deeply rooted in Canadian agriculture. PGF operates multiple subsidiaries and divisions within the grain, food and transportation industries fulfilling the global demand for high quality food products and commodities.
For the health and safety of our employees and customers we are only taking applications from individuals who can establish that they have received the COVID-19 vaccine as medically recommended and available to them in the province of their residency.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourage Females, Disabled, Aboriginal and visible Minorities to apply.
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: Multiple Locations