New job Business and Finance Lead - Repost in Manitoba
Business and Finance Lead - Repost
Company : WRHA Corporate
Salary : $44.30 an hour
Location : Manitoba
Requisition ID: 271881
Position Number: 20041979
Posting End Date: Open Until Filled
Site: WRHA Corporate
Work Location: Winnipeg Corporate
Department / Unit: Performance & Business Planning
Job Stream: Non-Clinical
Anticipated Start Date: ASAP
Anticipated Shift: Days
Daily Hours Worked: 7.75
Annual Base Hours: 2015
Salary: $44.298, $47.024, $49.751, $52.477, $55.203, $58.310
Grow your career in the Winnipeg Health Region! Our team provides a spectrum of health care services through an integrated network of sites, services and organizations. We’re united by a shared commitment to excellent and equitable health care.
The Manitoba health system has seven health service delivery organizations (SDOs) across the province to serve the health needs of our population including CancerCare Manitoba, the Northern Regional Health Authority, the Interlake Eastern Regional Health Authority, Southern Health-Santé Sud, Prairie Mountain Health, the Winnipeg Regional Health Authority and Shared Health.
We have opportunities for business and finance leads in Shared Health and in the Winnipeg Regional Health Authority who will:
Translate business information (clinical, financial and operating) and coach management to use data to drive performance improvements in large, complex service areas (operating budgets of approx. $100-600 million)
- Facilitate strategic and operational planning to support the assigned senior leadership team(s) and ensure unit activities align with the organization’s approved Strategic and Operating Plan
- Cultivate and model a culture of client service as part of the finance and performance management team
- Identify and lead business process improvements to generate organizational efficiencies
- Deliver analyses, financial planning, forecasting, reporting, and business performance management information to assigned senior leadership team(s)
- Counsel and develop organizational senior leaders’ understanding of the business performance implications of proposed decisions and activities
- Engage assigned analysts to prepare needed data and reporting to inform senior management, and work across areas to collaborate on and communicate best practices and business efficiencies
Each position may be assigned to one or more services or areas at various times as a primary contact to the senior leadership teams within the organization
- 7 years of experience directly supporting management in decision-making by providing effective and innovative financial and business analyses
- 7 years of experience engaging stakeholders to identify and implement opportunities for business improvement, including applying lean transformation framework concepts
- 5 years of experience developing business cases in a public sector environment with clear financial, budgetary, human and material resource requirements
Post-secondary degree with additional postgraduate education (certificate or higher) in a related discipline such as management, economics, public or business administration from an accredited education institution; an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered
- Active member in good standing of an associated regulatory body as appropriate
- A finance or accounting designation is an asset
- Lean six sigma certification or equivalent certification in quality processes is an asset
Qualifications and Skills
Demonstrated comprehensive senior leadership capabilities. Shared Health has adopted the LEADS in a Caring Environment framework
- Must be able to work safely in a typical computerized office environment with frequent meetings at multiple sites throughout the organization, and to lift and carry items of up to approximately 25 pounds
- Interruptions to respond to questions from executives and government representatives are common; incumbent can schedule dedicated and focused time for planning and concentration
Must have a valid Manitoba driver’s license and use of a personal motor vehicle for regular travel within the service area
The Collective Agreement this position is covered under, is identified by the Union noted above. As a result of The Health Sector Bargaining Unit Review Act, the bargaining agent for this position may differ from the Union identified. In the event you have any questions, please contact your site Human Resources Department.
This position requires a current satisfactory Criminal Records Check (including Vulnerable Sector Search), Child Abuse Registry Check and Adult Abuse Registry Check as conditions of employment. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred. A security check is considered current if it was obtained no more than six (6) months prior to the start of employment.
Please note that an employee is not permitted to hold two or more positions across the WRHA legal entity that combine to equal more than 1.0 EFT. The WRHA legal entity includes Churchill Health Centre, Deer Lodge Centre, Grace Hospital, Middlechurch Home of Winnipeg, Pan Am Clinic, River Park Gardens, Victoria General Hospital, WRHA corporate programs, and WRHA community health services.
Interviewed candidates may be called upon to participate in a skills assessment.
Any application received after the closing time will not be included in the competition.
We welcome applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request during the assessment and selection process.