New job Assistant, Trust Administration in Alberta
Assistant, Trust Administration
Company : Government of Alberta
Salary : $48,590 - $59,492 a year
Location : Alberta
Job Requisition ID: 9987
Ministry: Justice & Solicitor General
Full or Part-Time: Full - Time
Hours of Work: 36.25 hours per week
Scope: Open Competition
Closing Date: October 1, 2021
Classification: Administrative Support 5
The Ministry of Justice and Solicitor General helps ensure that all Albertans can live in safe and resilient communities while having access to a fair and innovative justice system. Working alongside its partners in law enforcement, family justice, health, the judiciary, criminal justice system and other stakeholders, the Ministry has a direct or shared responsibility in all elements of the justice system in Alberta. Follow the link to see what else we have to offer:
The Office of the Public Guardian and Trustee (OPGT) acts in the best interest of Albertans who are unable to make personal or financial decisions on their own, and administers the property of vulnerable Albertans including represented adults, minor children and deceased persons. We provide services to help all Albertans plan for the future and make the most of today if decision-making support is required. You can be part of creating a province where vulnerable Albertans can maximize their potential and live with dignity.
Are you an administrative professional ready for the next step in your career? Are you looking for an opportunity where your work contributes to the lives of vulnerable Albertans?
The Office of the Public Guardian and Trustee (OPGT) Branch has an exciting opportunity in the Edmonton office for your consideration. Our Assistants, Trust Administration work as part of a multi-disciplinary team, consisting of Public Trustee representatives, financial advisors, supervisors, lawyers, tax officers, administrative staff and other professional stakeholders, to support the clients of the Public Trustee. The Assistant, Trust Administration provides support to the Public Trustee Representatives, Financial Advisors and Trust Administration Supervisors in the day-to-day administration and caseloads of estates and trusts in the areas that may include represented adults, deceased estates, and official guardian files.
As a confident self-starter who love processes you will be responsible for:
- Administrative support for the Public Trustee Representatives and Supervisors, Trust Administration which could include researching information, contacting clients, family members and other stakeholders for information, preparing correspondence and other documentation
- Financial administration - Reviewing and authorizing payments on behalf of clients within the role’s scope of authority and reconciliation of invoices
- Legal work - Preparing court applications and other legal documents
- Other administrative tasks - Completing benefit applications, creating family trees, dictation, creating and maintaining spreadsheets to collect data and monitor work flow
High school diploma combined with a minimum of 3 years' related experience in the field of legal, estates, trusts, social services and/or office administration is required. Proficiency with Microsoft word, excel and outlook is required. Experience working with vulnerable clients is considered an asset.
Equivalencies will be considered on the basis of:
- One year of experience for one year of education
- One year of education for one year of experience
Please outline your experience as it relates to the qualifications in detail in your cover letter. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
Competencies are behaviours that are essential to reach our goals in serving Albertans. We encourage you to have an in depth understanding of the competencies that are required for this opportunity and to be prepared to demonstrate them during the recruitment process. The link below will assist you with understanding competencies:
- Agility: Makes decisions and takes action even when there is not enough clarity to predict the consequences with certainty. Includes a back-up plan in case predictions are incorrect.
- Drive for Results: Factors in the complexity of issues, and strategically aligns decisions and plans based on values, outcomes and broader organizational needs.
- Build Collaborative Environments: Uses own enthusiasm and commitment to higher-level goals to motivate and guide others to achieve results.
- Systems Thinking: Considers how own work impacts the work of others and team success. Observes how the work of others impacts own work.
- Creative Problem Solving: Accesses resources, information and technology from other areas, and uses it to analyze issues, resolve problems and improve performance
$1,861.71 - $2,279.37 bi-weekly $48,590 - $59,491.55 yearly
Hours of work: 8:15 am – 4:30 pm (Monday – Friday)
There are two (2) temporary full time position available.
This competition may be used to fill current and future vacancies within OPGT regional offices.
Final candidates for this position will be asked to undergo security screenings, which includes a Criminal Record Check and a Financial Risk indicator Check.
In your resume, please include dates (including months and years) associated with all education and work experience. Also, please indicate whether your work experience is casual, part-time or full-time.
For example: January 15, 2006 - June 25, 2009: (PT three 8 hrs shifts/week).What we offer:
- Comprehensive benefits plan:
- Pension plan:
- Leadership and mentorship programs;
- Professional learning and development
- Positive workplace culture and work-life balance
How To Apply
Are you ready to make a difference in the lives of vulnerable Albertans? If so, apply today!
Online applications are required. Applicants are advised to provide information that clearly and concisely demonstrates how their qualifications meet the advertised requirements, including education, experience and relevant examples of required competencies.
If you are not currently an employee with the Government of Alberta, the first step in applying for a job is creating your candidate profile within our online application system here:
Note: Internal employees should access the Career tile in 1GX to submit an application in order to be recognized as an internal applicant.
Once you have created your candidate profile, visit the Alberta Public Service job site to apply for jobs at
Please ensure that your cover letter and resume documents are saved using the naming convention of your last then first name (Smith,Joe_Resume).
Tips for applicants:
It is recommended that applicants who have obtained educational credentials from outside of Canada and have not had them previously assessed, obtain an evaluation of their credentials from the International Qualifications Assessment Service (IQAS)
We thank all applicants for their interest. All applications will be reviewed to determine which candidates' qualifications most closely match the advertised requirements. Only the most suitable individuals will be contacted.
If you require any further information on this job posting or a copy of the role profile, please contact Hodman Ali at [email protected].
If this competition is closed as per the closing date noted above, please continue to check