New job Assessment Clerk in Alberta
Company : Wheatland County
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Alberta
Assessment ClerkPosition Reports To:
The Assessment Clerk is responsible for providing administrative support for the annual assessment valuation of all properties within Wheatland County.
The Assessment Clerk works closely with front-end staff including the Receptionist, property tax, and other administrative positions to provide backup support, when required.
- Participate in the annual property assessment preparation by providing administrative support.
- Order titles or registered transfer documents from SPIN2 and data entry (e.g., sales information) into the applicable software (CAMAlot).
- Conduct data entry as required from multiple listing information.
- Respond appropriately to basic assessment and taxation questions from staff, taxpayers, tax agents, and the general public.
- Prepare and update procedural documents related to data entry activities.
- Prepare and organize assessment files as required for new subdivisions or inspections; enter data into CAMAlot software.
- Input assessment changes as required pursuant to Property Tax Exemption for Residences and Farm Buildings / Rural Assessment Policy (RAP)
- Provide administrative support as required for Assessment Review Board hearings.
- Review assessment and taxation legislation as stated in the Municipal Government Act and associated regulations.
- Print or email farmland assessment sheets as requested by appraisers or property owners.
- Print Wheatland County map books as required for administration sales or as supplied to County employees, Council or Emergency Response agencies.
- Print or email aerial ortho photos (taken from the GIS software), as requested by the public.
- Provide backup support to front-end staff including reception, property tax and other related administrative duties, as required.
- Ensure adherence to all applicable Wheatland County policies and bylaws.
- Ensure compliance with OH&S including attendance at safety meetings, being properly trained in OH&S related topics, and ensuring work is completed in a safe manner.
- Appropriately, and in a timely manner complete administrative tasks (e.g., personal timesheet entries).
- Relate to and communicate with co-workers, management, customers and the public sincerely, clearly, tactfully, promptly and courteously; respond to inquiries and complaints promptly and professionally.
- Perform tasks, consistent with the position, including special projects / assignments, as may be required.
- Minimum of grade 12 or equivalent with a position-related certificate or diploma from a recognized post-secondary educational institution; equivalent work experience may be considered;
- Strong proficiency in computer programs MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook);
- Proficiency with CAMAlot Assessment software;
- Proficiency with municipal property tax software (Microsoft Dynamics GP (Diamond) preferred);
- Familiarity with Alberta Land Titles and knowledgeable in SPIN2 software;
- Effective written communication skills;
- Strong attention to detail and a high level of accuracy;
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively in a team environment
- Valid Class 5 Alberta drivers’ licence
- This position works a 5-day work week, Monday to Friday, with one day off in a 3 week cycle; hours of work: standard 37.5 hour work week.
- The incumbent will spend hours sitting using computers and office equipment, which may cause muscle strain.
- This person may occasionally have to do some lifting of data binders and file boxes.
To apply visit our website at https://wheatlandcounty.ca/career-opportunities/assessment-clerk/
Closing date: October 15, 2021
Education : Other trades certificate or diploma
Experience : Experience an asset