New job Asphalt Milling Machine Operator in Newfoundland and Labrador
Asphalt Milling Machine Operator
Company : Farrell's Excavating Limited
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Newfoundland and Labrador
Full Job Description
Farrell’s Excavating Ltd. has an opportunity available for an Asphalt Milling Machine Operator located in St. John’s, Newfoundland.
Farrell’s Excavating has been providing service in the heavy civil industry of Newfoundland since its incorporation over 25 years ago. We play a major role in the completion of many large government and municipal projects that involve the building and paving of many of the province's main highways and rural roads.
Our experience, resources, equipment and highly skilled & trained workforce continue to lead us into a future of exponential growth within our industry.
Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Responsible for safe operation, non-mechanical maintenance and up-keep of equipment.
- Operate a milling machine while maintaining the depth of cut and cross slope that will achieve the results specified in the project contract documents.
- Remove existing asphalt by milling to improve the rideability and cross slope of the pavement, to lower the finished grade adjacent to the existing curb prior to resurfacing, or to completely remove existing pavement.
- Understand and follow specific plans to specify an average depth of cut.
- Utilize required use of a string line to ensure maintaining the proper alignment.
Experience/knowledge with the following is required for consideration:
- Operate one or more types of construction equipment; such as asphalt pavers/spreaders, asphalt rollers, milling machines, backhoes and skid steers.
- Valid Class 5 Driver's License.
- Able to work independently in a busy environment.
- Comfortable working in a rugged outdoor environment.
- A minimum of two years of experience working on an asphalt paving crew.
Job Type: Full-time