New job Analyst, Private Investments – Agriculture in Quebec
Analyst, Private Investments – Agriculture
Company : Fiera Capital
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Quebec
Why join Fiera Capital:
- Inclusive workplace and diverse background of employees
- Growth and development opportunities
- Entrepreneurial industry-leading company with a purposeful mission
- Flexible work arrangements, competitive compensation and benefits
- Collaborative approach, innovative and culture of integrity
- Ambitious organization who strives for excellence
What we are looking for:
Fiera Comox was established in 2016 by Fiera Capital, a global asset management firm with over $138B in assets under management and Comox Equity Partners, a corporation formed and owned by former executives and investment professionals of large Canadian pension investment managers. Fiera Comox’s investment team is composed of 20 highly qualified investment professionals with a diverse and unique skill set, who have worked together deploying billions in private transactions globally. Headquartered in Montreal, Fiera Comox is a global investment manager specializing in three distinct private investment strategies: Agriculture, Private Equity and Private Credit.
FIERA COMOX AGRICULTURE FUND
The Fiera Comox Agriculture Fund is dedicated to building a diversified global portfolio of privately held agricultural assets, generating stable, attractive returns over the long-term for investors. The Fund invests in agricultural businesses, primarily in the United States, Australia, New Zealand and Canada, focusing on high-quality farmland with a history of production and resilience through economic and commodity cycles. To date, the Fund has made investments in the U.S., New Zealand and Australia, and has a robust pipeline of opportunities. The Fund invests primarily in the sectors of permanent crops, row crops, animal protein, and related rural. Please refer to our website below for additional information: https://www.fieracomox.com/en/agriculture-fund/
The agriculture team is composed of 11 investment professionals. We are looking for hardworking, talented, entrepreneurial people to join our growing fund. The level of this position may vary depending on the profile of the selected candidate.
- Assists in the screening process by performing preliminary analysis of investment opportunities;
- Conduct due diligence and develop financial models for potential investments;
- Support senior members in the management of consultants and advisors during the due diligence process;
- Assist in the preparation of investment summaries, memorandums and presentations during the investment process;
- Support management of our investments by performing financial monitoring and analysis, guiding strategic direction and risk management;
- Assist in preparation and presentations to various committees and Board of Directors;
- Take on many different roles and tasks to support the growth of the business.
Must have requirements to be successful in this role:
- Undergraduate degree in Business, Commerce, Finance, Agricultural Economics, Agri-Business or other related fields;
- CFA or CPA an asset;
- Masters or MBA an asset;
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in private market investments, investment banking, transaction advisory work, investment/management consulting or with a natural resources company;
- Financial modeling and analytical skills;
- Strong communication and presentation skills in English;
- Strong acumen for business;
- Team player;
- Ability to work independently and take initiative;
- Interest in agriculture or experience in natural resources an asset;
- Ability and flexibility to adapt to a wide range of roles.
- Ability to travel (domestic and international).
All people interested in this position may send their resume to [email protected]. Please note that only successful applicants will be contacted.
We thank you for your interest in our firm!
The use of masculine is for the sole purpose of lightening the text and refers to both women and men.
Fiera Capital subscribes to the principle of employment equity. Our staff are our most valuable asset and our goal is to create an inclusive and equitable environment where everyone can reach their true potential.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability, genetic information, or any other federal, state or local protected class. Fiera Capital will not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment.
All staffing decisions, including hiring and promotion decisions, will be based on merit, skills, performance and business needs. We are pleased to receive applications from qualified individuals from a variety of backgrounds. Job applicants who are individually selected for an interview will be notified that accommodations are available upon request. If a selected participant requests accommodation, Fiera Capital shall consult with the applicant and provide, or arrange for the provision of, a suitable accommodation in a manner that takes into account the applicant’s accessibility needs due to disability.
We thank all applicants for their interest in a career with Fiera Capital. We will only communicate with those selected for an interview.