New job Afterschool Educator in New Brunswick
Company : YMCA
Salary : $15.78 - $20.13 an hour
Location : New Brunswick
Afterschool Educator - Casual Position - Afternoons 25hrs/week, March break, Christmas Break, and summer.
Reporting to the Playschool & Afterschool North End Coordinator. This position is responsible for the implementation of the YMCA school-age curriculum – A Place to Connect, and NB Curriculum Framework for early learning and child care, developing the child in spirit, mind and body; while providing quality care for the participants (children), supervision of volunteers, and support of our day to day operations.
- Maintain open communication within the team and families
- Model appropriate interactions/participation with peers
- Participate actively in scheduled outings, meal times, swim, and gym.
- Maintain compliance with all YMCA and government established policies.
- Attend trainings and meetings, as scheduled and deemed necessary.
- Complete daily administrative tasks/checklists related to provincial standards and curriculum.
- Create a physical and social environment offering a full range of child-directed learning opportunities conducted through small group interactions.
- Document and plan in accordance with the YMCA A Place to Connect curriculum.
- Inform parents about a child’s developmental and behavioral progress in a caring, confidential manner.
- Maintain the facilities, equipment, and supplies in accordance with YMCA and Provincial Standards (law).
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills & Qualifications
- A clear criminal record check and vulnerable sector check
- A Clear Social Development Record Check
- Abide by all Covid-19 policies
- A valid Workplace Standard First Aid and CPR (Level C) Certification
- A Recognized Early Childhood Education Certificate / Diploma or Bachelor of Education Degree (a strong asset)
- Knowledge of Middle Childhood Development
- Previous experience in the YMCA A Place to Connect Curriculum (an asset)
- Previous Experience working in Licensed Early Learning and Childcare Facility
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Basic computer skills
- Able to work flexible hours
- Abide by COVID-19 policies
- Bilingualism, French & English (an asset)
Application deadline: 2021-10-08
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Casual
Salary: $15.78-$20.13 per hour
- Casual dress
- Employee assistance program
- On-site parking
- Wellness program
- Monday to Friday