New job Advisor, Government Affairs in Alberta
Advisor, Government Affairs
Company : CNRL
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Alberta
Advisor, Government Affairs- (2111504)
Do you possess a clear understanding of the public policy development process? Do you have an ability to understand business objectives, and how the two may intersect? Are you able to utilize your strong analytical, research and writing skills, in addition to collaborative relationship building ability? If you have said yes to these questions, then we have the job for you!
As a Government Affairs Advisor at Canadian Natural, you will provide support to various internal groups and departments regarding a wide range of provincial and federal regulatory issues. You will have an opportunity to showcase your exceptional interpersonal skills by establishing and maintaining relationships with representatives of government, industry, and public interest groups.
- Maintain a comprehensive knowledge base of issues and files, in order to understand how government actions impact Canadian Natural operations
- Research, analyze and monitor government policy and regulatory issues, as well as prepare briefing notes to senior management advising on how these issues may impact Canadian Natural’s operations
- Lead the development and implementation of advocacy strategies, including issues management, stakeholder relationships, alignment with other industry players
- Coordinate and/or prepare responses to proposed government policy and regulations on behalf of Canadian Natural
- Represent a public affairs/government relations perspective at inter-departmental discussions as well as coordinate and actively participate in, with appropriate Canadian Natural representatives, meetings with elected government officials and other government representatives
- Provide support with communication and key message development on policy and regulatory issues which have the potential to affect Canadian Natural
- Represent Canadian Natural at external events
- Job location: Calgary, Alberta
- Eligible for relocation pursuant to Canadian Natural’s Relocation Regular Policy
- Shift schedule: 5x2 - Monday to Friday, 8-hour shifts
- Competitive salary, stock options, stock savings plan and benefits
Skills & Qualifications:
- Possess a Degree in Political Science, Business, Public Relations or Communications
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in public affairs, government relations, communications, policy development, or related fields
- Candidates should be eligible to lobby at the provincial and federal levels
Why Canadian Natural?
CANADIAN NATURAL is a senior independent crude oil and natural gas exploration, development and production company based in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. Our strong, diversified asset base is comprised of a balanced portfolio of light, synthetic, and heavy crude oil and natural gas. Canadian Natural operates in Canada, the United Kingdom and Offshore Africa.
At Canadian Natural, we strive to live through our mission statement: "To develop people to work together to create value for the Company's shareholders by doing it right with fun and integrity." We are committed to a long-term presence in the communities where we operate. Our activities create value by providing employment, business development opportunities, revenues to governments that contribute to spending on goods and services, and essential resources for public services, including health, safety, education and training.
Over the last 30 years, we have grown from a Company with nine employees to over 10,000 employees. We have increased our production from approximately 400 BOE/d in 1989 to more than one million BOE/d today.
Safety is a core value at Canadian Natural. We conduct all of our operations in a way that identifies, minimizes and mitigates harm to the health and safety of employees, contractors, the public and the environment.
Canadian Natural Resources Limited – “Canadian Natural” - is a publicly traded company on the TSX and NYSE as CNQ.
Application deadline is October 8, 2021. Apply now!