New job Administrative Support in Alberta
Company : Government of Alberta
Salary : $3,723 - $4,559 a month
Location : Alberta
Job Requisition ID: 16739
Ministry: Environment & Parks
Full or Part-Time: Full Time
Hours of Work: 36.25 hours per week
Scope: Open Competition
Closing Date: September 27, 2021
Classification: Subsidiary 01B 3625 Administrative Support 5
Are you looking for an opportunity to use your administrative skills in a role supporting the Kananaskis Management team? The position is based in Cochrane, Alberta.
While this is not a front-line position, much of the work directly supports front-line service delivery that directly impacts the enjoyment, health and safety of Park visitors. You will provide administrative assistance to various field-based park operational programs – maintenance, visitor services, and recreation and resource management within the program area.
Reporting to the Kananaskis Regional Controller, you will be responsible for a wide range of duties, including contract administration, financial administration, personnel administration, IT administration, as well as supervision of staff. Duties include but not limited to:
- HR Administration of personnel at the Area level, to review and ensure accuracy when assisting with processes for all levels of hiring for all seasonal wage hiring commencement and onboarding procedures, ensure all termination practices are completed. Assist with administration of all salary employees within the Area, review and guide payroll submissions, expense claims, and procurement cards; ensure accuracy and audit practices are met and followed.
- Training, and other onboarding activities; assist all employees in administration, to help support delivery of front-line programs.
- Managing vendor contracts, process accounts payable and accounts receivable transactions, and ensure all financial and contractual obligations for vendors and contractors are met within proper guidelines and timelines
- Maintaining financial spreadsheets to track and reconcile accounts receivable, to ensure all revenue is accurate; track and reconcile all accounts payable to assist with expenditure spending plans for budget and forecast purposes for the Area.
- Managing record files related to electronic and paper filing, upkeep of all Area records in the GoA shared internal computer folders and disposition of old file records
The minimum requirement for this role is a High School Diploma plus three years of related experience with preference for a Business Administration Diploma; equivalencies will be considered.
A Class 5 Driver’s License is required.
- Proficient use of MS Office Suite, particularly advanced use of Excel and Word
- Experience with accounting, budgeting and forecasting
- Experience assisting with HR tasks that relate to staff orientation and training
- Ability to work with IT to trouble shoot and articulate IT related issues
- Versatility between different software programs
- Experience using 1GX
- Proven experience supervising staff
- Standard First Aid
Competencies are behaviours that are essential to reach our goals in serving Albertans. We encourage you to have an in-depth understanding of the competencies that are required for this opportunity and to be prepared to demonstrate them during the recruitment process.
The link below will assist you with understanding competencies:
About the competencies for this role:
Agility – You will need the ability to prioritize work and identify tasks that need immediate attention and respond appropriately and be adaptable to changes in procedures and processes.
Creative problem-solving – A certain degree of creativity is required to find ways to streamline processes, reduce duplication and innovate for possible new solutions to enhance efficiency.
Systems Thinking – By having awareness of the department’s regulations, policies and procedures related to financial and personnel administration responsibilities, you will have a better understanding how your duties impact day-to-day and forecasting operational needs.
Build Collaborative Environments – You will work within a team to support and communicate effectively with others and respond to stakeholders to achieve desired Branch and Ministry outcomes.
Drive for Results – By determining which outcomes are important and maximizing resources to achieve results that are aligned with the goals of the organization, while maintaining accountability to internal and external stakeholders.
$1,861.71 to $2,279.37 bi-weekly ($48,590 to $59,491 annually)
This position is a permanent, full-time position with the standard hours of work as 36.25 hours per week, Monday to Friday located in our Cochrane office.
What We Offer:
- Comprehensive benefits plan:
- Pension plan:
- Leadership and mentorship programs
- Professional learning and development
- Positive workplace culture and work-life balance
How To Apply
If you are not currently an employee with the Government of Alberta, the first step in applying for a job is creating your candidate profile within our online application system,
Existing employees should access the Career tile in 1GX to submit their application in order to be recognized as an internal applicant.
Once you have created your candidate profile, visit the Alberta Public Service job site to apply for jobs at
Tips for applicants:
It is recommended that applicants who have obtained educational credentials from outside of Canada and have not had them previously assessed, obtain an evaluation of their credentials from the International Qualifications Assessment Service (IQAS)
This competition may be used to fill future vacancies, across the Government of Alberta, at the same or lower classification level.
We thank all applicants for their interest. All applications will be reviewed to determine which candidates' qualifications most closely match the advertised requirements. Only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
If you require any further information on this job posting or a copy of the job description, please contact [email protected].
If this competition is closed as per the closing date noted above, please continue to check